Successful Social Media Marketers have latched onto LinkedIn Answers like its the last chopper pulling out of Nam. The possibilities of this super-simple tool are quite astounding; Answers can help boost your expert status, give you free market research tools, connect with like-minded people and influential individuals, and so much more.
Here are the top 7 ways that SMM pros and the top social-media-using companies are leveraging LinkedIn Answers :
- Campaign FeedbackOne of the most difficult part of marketing is knowing whether your campaign is having any effect or not. LinkedIn Answers gives you a platform to get feedback before launch, mid- and post-campaign. This gives you the knowledge base necessary to stay agile with your strategies, so that you can change on the go to be even more successful. The best marketers are those humble enough to regularly question the efficacy of their strategies.
- Target Audience ResearchKnowing your audience is important with offline marketing; with online SMM though understanding your audience is critical. Posing questions about your target-audience to like-minded people in your field via Answers is a great (free) way to help understand your target audiences.
- Market Research
In addition to target-audience research, as a marketer you need to know all about your entire market, competition, landscape, etc. Answers is the best (free) market research tool available today for marketers looking for an edge. Answers can also help you generate marketing content for your website, blog and social sites, while at the same time letting you know what others are doing—after all you don’t want to wear the same dress to the prom(otion).
- Identify Industry Influencers
Answers can help you identify your industry’s Influencers; the people in your industry who are really doing things right. Connecting with these Influencers (something that LinkedIn does very well) is super easy because they seem to simply hang-out in Answers. This virtual business hangout can provide you with great ideas and strategies, co-marketing opportunities, product endorsements and more. To find these experts check out LinkedIn’s top expert leaderboard.
- Become an Industry Expert/Influencer
You may have a wealth of experience in the the industry but you likely aren’t recognized as an expert. Answers is a great way to distinguish yourself as an expert, easily. Simply dive into Answers, in the questions in your vertical, and offer knowledgeable advice on the topics you have experience in. Be sure though that you are extremely knowledgeable in the topic you participate in, otherwise you risk looking like a phony know-it-all.
- Find Guest Bloggers/Content Creators
A great way to jazz up your social media content and blogs is by having a knowledgeable person write a guest post. And LinkedIn Answers is full of people that are not only knowledgeable, but are willing to participate in industry-related communities.
- Define Terminology/Jargon/SEO
By participating in LinkedIn Answers you can discuss the jargon and terminology currently being used in the industry—and understand which terms have been put out to pasture. As a marketer it is key to know what keywords your audience uses, likes, and most importantly—hates. Answers can refine your industry terminology by improving your vertical’s vocabulary and your SEO abilities.
LinkedIn Answers should be used by every marketer, professional and amateur alike. The power of Answers is incredible for market research, content ideas, locating guest bloggers, finding Influencers, understanding industry terminology, and for becoming an industry expert and go-to person. Be sure to leverage Answers to boost your existing Social Media Marketing strategy.