Did you believe that line? Well, neither did anyone else.
Sadly, some Marketers, in an attempt to make “quick” money, use unsatisfactory tactics to build their lists. While this may garner a few dollars in the beginning, this money will soon fizzle out.
Massive lead generation is only attainable by knowing how to strategically attract the right leads that will bring you income for the long haul.
Regardless of how you capture leads, whether via a squeeze page, your website, blog or Facebook profile, the following basic principles of massive lead generation remain the same:
1. Give Away the Farm
In order to attract leads and build your list, you must offer them a free gift. This gift could include a video, report, eBook, audio recording, membership, newsletter, or any other product you deem as valuable to your prospects.
If your free gift doesn’t cost you anything (time or money) to prepare, it is most likely not good enough. Your offering should…
- Help your prospects in their industry
- Make you a credible expert
- Position you as someone who can be trusted
- Wet their appetite for more
I am not suggesting to give away all of your deep secrets, but if you want to attract a massive amount of leads, you must give away something valuable.
2. Quality Leads
The quality of your leads will determine the future success of your list.
The biggest mistake you could make is to put more value on the quantity of leads rather than the quality. Your ultimate goal is to make money and this is not possible with low quality leads.
The quality of your initial offering will in part determine the quality of your leads. This is not the time to give away that PLR report on “How to Make a Million Dollars in One Month”. If you offer reports like these, you will most definitely attract leads, but they will not be people who will make you money.
Low quality leads are those that either love getting something for free or they think they can build their business without any time, money or effort. These leads are looking for the quickest way to make money which means they will never buy what you are selling.
3. Effective Opt-in Page
To maximize your opt-in and attract more prospects with whatever page you are using to capture leads, follow these tips:
- No distractions – If you are creating a landing page with the sole intent of capturing leads, be careful not to crowd it with unnecessary clutter. Each element of the page should draw visitors to your opt-in form. Resist the urge to fill up the page with information that is not needed.
- Too many fields = less leads. Only require the bare minimum on your forms (name, email address). Your prospects are always concerned with privacy. There are times when you will want more information since this can increase the quality of your lead and more avenues to market. However, in most cases, less is more.
- Add videos or images, without overdoing it, to make it more interesting.
- Address privacy concerns directly under the opt-in. Inform your prospects that their information is confidential and will not be sold or shared with anyone.
- Test your opt-in process to ensure it is working properly.
- Split test different pages (only change one element at a time) to see which one converts the best.
Hosting your own giveaway event can help you gain many new subscribers in a short period of time. Your prize should reflect the type of lead you want, for these types of contests often attract low quality leads (freebie seekers).
Make sharing an important part of the contest so you can gain many more leads. Always check with your lawyer to ensure you are following proper protocol with your contests.
Host a free teleseminar or webinar and promote it via social media. You can also host a webinar for someone else and still attract new leads for your business. Webinars not only bring in new leads, but also help you to establish the trust factor with your new subscribers because they get a chance to experience you in a more authentic way. By trusting you they are more apt to open your emails and buy whatever you recommend whether your own product or another marketer’s.
List building is and will forever be one of the most effective methods of capturing leads for your business. If you have any other valuable list building techniques, please share them with our readers.